"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer Camp

The house has been so quiet this week while all three of the older kids at summer camp. Carmen has actually been gone for two weeks since she is doing the Leader In Training (LIT) program. Gosh, I miss them so much! I have been especially worried about Gabe all week. This is his first year at camp and I know that he often has anxiety issues in new situations. It has been so hard not knowing how he is doing emotionally. Funny, I have found that I trust God totally with their physical wellbeing, but I am very concerned about their emotional wellbeing. Something I definately need to work on/ask the Lord to help with. Anyway, I have been trying to keep up with them by catching glimpses of them on the camp website. The camp posts pictures each night of the days activities. I am not sure that this is such a good thing, though. First of all, Carmen is totally camera shy, so I only saw one pic of her the entire first week and she was in the back of a large group. Secondly, Gabe looked terrible in the first few pics I saw of him. This did NOT help me relax and "not worry". He looked really nervous in one and just plain bad in the next two. I am hoping that he looked bad just because he was so tired. I remember my days as a camp counselor and camp program director. The kids are so excited that they stay up late the first night. Then they crash the second night. Gabe did look much better in the next photo that I saw. And I got two letters from him today that said he was having fun. I am so excited to pick them up! I have enjoyed the quiet house to some extent but it just seems so empty and incomplete. It is almost like I have been waiting all week for something to happen. I can not wait for the house to be filled again with the joyful voices of all of my children. Realistically I know that it will not be all "joyful" noises that will be filling our house, and I can honestly say that I have not missed the bickering, arguing, and complaining, but I missed my kids tremendously. I cannot wait to see them tomorrow. I am so thankful for the opportunity for my children to attend this summercamp. It has truly changed their lives.





http://www.pvmcamp.com/





dropping the boys at camp

No comments: