"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Disappointing Day

So, yesterday was just kind of a disappointing day.
First, J. rented a snake to fix our clogged kitchen sink. It hasn't drained at all for several weeks so we have to keep buckets in the sink to catch the water and then dump them when they are full. It is challenging to do dishes and run the dishwasher. So, he pays fifty bucks to rent this professional quality snake..... and it isn't long enough to reach the clog. So disappointment number one was realizing that we have to keep using buckets and we have to hire a short skinny plumber to replace the clogged pipe since J. can't fit in the crawl space.
Disappointment number two. I go to the eye doctor and find out that I need glasses. Bifocals to be exact. And insurance doesn't cover the 'no line' bifocals. Great.
Disappointment number three. We might have to cancel our vacation. Technically we needed to make a decision by midnight last night but I think we still have time to get a refund today. The cabin is paid in full. We have money and gift cards set aside for travel expenses. But J. is not getting unemployment like we expected and our bank account is dwindling quickly. Plus the van is acting up a little. We are praying for an answer but the practical thing to do is to cancel vacation or at least take a smaller one close by. But gosh, I really want to go.
In all of this, a good friend reminded me that I need to count my blessings. She is right. In all of the disappointments there is a blessing. I can still use my dishwasher. I have running water, hot and cold. Insurance is paying for my eyeglasses. I will be able to see clearly. We have so much. And I am blessed with the mo st awesome husband and children ever. So many blessings.

No comments: