"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Momma

I am one happy momma! I get to pick my kids up from summer camp today! How in the world do parents deal with their kids being gone at boarding school or summer long camps? I would go crazy from missing them. My children are such a huge part of my life! Carmen has become such a beautiful young woman with strong moral standards. I am so proud of her. She has grown in so many ways. (I can't believe she is almost ready to get her temps, tomorrow if she wants). I was really worried about her being gone for two weeks, but she is so strong and ready for this. She hopes to work at camp as a counselor in just a few short years. I know she will love it! I didn't worry about Logan too much. He has always done well at camp and it is like a second home to him. He makes friends everywhere we go. He got the privilege of enjoying scuba camp this year. I look forward to him nagging me for scuba certification now. Gabe totally surprised me that he wanted to go to camp in the first place. New places typically make him nervous. But even though he was a little scared when we dropped him off, I know he is having a blast. And I have prayed that God use this experience to build strength and character. I can't wait to hear about all of their adventures!!

No comments: