"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bad Bananas

I have been having random SEVERE stomach cramps lately. They start suddenly, have me doubled over in pain for several hours, and also cause nausea, sometimes vomitting, sometimes diarrhea, sweating, red skin, restlessness, and feeling like I have to poo. Everyone keeps telling me to have my gall bladder checked. I keep telling myself that if it happens "one more time" I will go to the emergency room (but never do). These episodes are becoming more frequent, so I started keeping track of my foods. I realized that the last three times it happened, I had just eaten a banana. After some research, I discovered that it is possible that I have a banana allergy or sensitivity. So, for now I will be avoiding bananas (except for the other day when I forgot while eating fruit salad). And I have a doc appt scheduled for next week. Hopefully I will get some answers.

No comments: