"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Friday, January 30, 2009

How Motherhood Has Shaped You

I often check out the blog for one of my favorite Christian authors at http://genxparents.blogspot.com/ . Recently while promoting her newest book "Blue Like Play Dough" due to be released this summer, she asked for our response to the following question:


"What is one way motherhood has shaped YOU?I'm taking your answers and running a series called "The Shaping of Mother". I was so blessed by your answers. Some serious, some laugh-out-loud funny! Priceless."

My answer was one of many that she shared on her blog. I just thought I would share it on here.

"Michelle: One way that motherhood has shaped me....Motherhood has shaped me in many ways, full and round ready to burst with joy, a simple heart totally in love, squished flat in defeat, a confused messy blob....but through all of this shaping, motherhood has made me tough. I can deal with tons of work, little sleep, endless surprises, big scary spiders, things that grow in the fridge, monsters under the bed, poop and puke, boo boos, sickness, loneliness, heartbreak, hanging on tight, letting go-all with a heart so full of love it is ready to burst."

No comments: