"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Thursday, January 29, 2009

That's Love!

Sometimes while holding one of my kids, I feel a love for them so much that it hurts. I just can't get enough and I want to hold them forever and make everything alright. It is so amazing to think that God loves me so much more than I love my kids at that moment. Awesome!

My family recently watched the movie "Anne Frank" starring Ben Kingsley. An awesome movie! I may blog more about it later. But in the movie we learned how Anne's mother loved her family so much that she died of starvation while hoarding food under her pillow for her husband and children (in hopes of seeing them again and saving them). She loved her family so much that she sacrificed her life for them. Amazing how much more Jesus sacrificed for us. God is so much more than we see. He doesn't just love us. He IS love. He didn't just sacrifice for us. He IS the sacrifice. Jesus IS the TRUTH that sets us FREE!

No comments: