"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Monday, February 9, 2009

Relationship Glue

"Let grace and right living be the glue that holds relationships together. "

That is just a small quote from yesterday's sermon. I have to be honest-when I heard it I wanted to elbow my husband in the ribs. He struggles with extending grace to the kids and is quick to get frustrated with them for little things. But then I quickly realized that as I am poking my hubby's ribs, I am also guilty of not extending grace to him. I should not judge him when I am equally guilty. Shame on me. Yes, my mother's heart wants what is best for my kids, but not at the expense of my relationship with my husband. I can only pray that he forgives me for the many times I failed to extend him grace and pray for the children to learn grace through me, their father, and each other.

Nothing holds a relationship together like the superglue that comes from the grace God has given us passed on to others.

No comments: