"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Monday, May 14, 2012

Waiting Expectantly

I am waiting expectantly for the day that I wake up and have no more pain. The surgery is over. I am on the mend. But I am still in pain. This time it is not pain from the hernia but from the surgery. And boy did it hurt for the first few days. But someday soon I will wake up and realize that the pain I have been feeling for many years is gone! As I heal I have to say I am kind of enjoying my lack of responsibilities. I am on a lifting restriction (5 pounds or less) and I need to take it easy so I can heal. I haven't been able to do much. The teens have been stepping up and taking care of the housework (to some extent) and the little one. My church family has been bringing me meals. The rest of the work can wait. I have been sleeping in, napping, and losing myself in a book or two (or three). I could get used to this.

No comments: