"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Monday, August 23, 2010

Teen Drama

Yikes. Dealing with teen drama this weekend and it wasn't even my teens. UGH! And all I did was offer one of them a ride to church at the request of my generous daughter who wants to be a witness. While it was rather frustrating to deal with, it did give me an opportunity to have some great conversations with both of my teenagers and left me feeling totally blessed to be their mom. My teens are not the drama type. They really have good heads on their shoulders. They are wise beyond their years and have a strong faith and moral standard. They are good to their friends and have few foes. They treat everyone kindly and respectfully (except maybe each other at times, as most siblings tend to). I truly feel that they are set apart. It is so refreshing that I can totally trust them. Sure, they make mistakes at times, but they are trustworthy. I know that they are going to make good choices. In some ways, they are normal teenagers. But in ways that reallly matter, I am so glad that they are different. Now I know why I was called to homeschool. Teen drama can stay in the public school and my kids and I can avoid it.

No comments: