"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Monday, July 9, 2012

And They're Off

Carmen, Logan, and Jennie are officially on their way to Africa!  We (they) have been saving and working towards this day for so long!  It was easier than expected to say goodbye.  If I let my mind wander, I can think of all kinds of things to worry about, but I know that this trip has been anointed from day one.  Therefore, I choose to take control of my thoughts and to trust God.  I am going to miss them. But when it came time to say goodbye, I was just excited for them.  Of course having my sister traveling with them relieves a ton of worries.


They had a wonderful send off. First they were prayed over by our church family including the children from preschool on up.  Then we went to Wendy's with a group of friends from church.  Next we all headed to the airport.  We had a fun time hanging out and taking photos while we waited for their time to go. Having friends with us made the wait fun and took away some of our nerves and anxiety.  Finally it was time.  We prayed over them at the airport and said goodbye.  






As we watched their plane lift into the air I knew that this would just be the first of many times I would be saying goodbye.  I know that there will be more mission trips in their future. Carmen will likely return to Malawi, while Logan will seek new mission adventures in other parts of the world.  I thank the Lord for this opportunity. They go to serve, but they will learn more from the people of Malawi than they could ever teach them.  

No comments: