"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Learning Is Fun

It's official. We have gotten into a rut with homeschooling. Same thing everyday. I need a break. The kids need a break. But we can't really take a break from school altogether. So next week, we are having a "Learning is Fun" week. The kids will be reading, watching educational videos, doing computer games and mind games, and they will be writing a research report on any topic they wants. Ok, I know research reports aren't really "fun" but it is different from the normal routine, and to be honest I am not that strict with grading so there is no stress for perfection involved. My goal with this is to recapture the fun side of learning, rekindle the spark of curiosity and creativity. They can write the report on anything they want... well, almost anything. I had to place some limits just so they can broaden their horizons a little. Carmen can't write about animals (or ice cream) and Logan can't write about extreme sports. Let's just say I have read all I can stand on those topics. I am really looking forward to this week. I am praying for a good week that encourages joy in learning new things.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Learning IS fun . . . . but, it is really fun to get away from the routine so that you can REMEMBER that it is fun. :)