"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Friday, December 9, 2011

25 Random Facts About Me

1. I really can’t stand the sound of a beach ball bouncing or being hit. Really…Can’t…Stand…It! We have rules against such things in my house.

2. I read the info/instruction booklets that come in the box of everything I buy. Did you know that you shouldn’t use your alarm clock in the shower?

3. I have trouble understanding symbolism.

4. I am extremely practical and cannot think of a single frivolous thing that I would like to buy.

5. Sometimes I am way too blunt, but I would rather speak plainly and honestly rather than beat around the bush.

6. I used to be a martial arts instructor.

7. I can tread water for hours. I can even tread without moving my arms and legs. But I have an extremely hard time getting to the bottom of the pool.

8. I like hip hop music.

9. I hate to cook but I love to make special dishes for groups of people.

10. I have never outgrown my schoolgirl love of horses, even though the only riding I get to do is the follow the leader type trail rides at tourist trap riding stables.

11. I don’t like concerts. I am just not that into music and it feels weird to sit there and watch someone sing.

12. I have a strange fear of slides and driving up and down steep hills. Slides stem back to my childhood and a crazy fast slide at Maderia park. We would fly off at the bottom and land on concrete. It was dangerous and scary but we did it anyway. Both hills and slides make me feel out of control like that slide used to.

13. I have never had more than three sips of alcohol in my entire life.

14. I love roller coasters, but it seems that I am getting too old to ride them. A bad back and bad neck don’t help any.

15. If I paint my toes any color other than pink or red, it annoys me if my shirt doesn’t match my toes.

16. I think it is neat to see a woman in a swimsuit that flatters them. Something that is rare to find.

17. My favorite flavor is orange. Orange popsicles, orange suckers, orange skittles, orange slush puppies….. I have no idea where to buy an orange slush puppy but if I ever find one, I will be their most loyal customer.

18. When entering college I did poorly on the English test and was supposed to take a remedial class, but ended up in a senior level Lit class instead. And somehow I passed, although I still have no idea what Dante’s Inferno was about.

19. I carry everything with my left arm. I am right handed but cannot carry anything with my right arm. Even if I am carrying two toddlers, I usually carry them both on my left side.

20. My dream job would be running a summer camp with my family.

21. My dream vacation would involve horses, mountains, and a good camera.

22. I am pretty adventurous for a safety freak.

23. I am extremely sensitive to smells. Extremely. My kids don’t stand a chance if they ever try to hide that they were drinking or smoking. But that won’t happen. They are smarter than that.

24. I don’t travel well. I don’t really like driving/riding in a car anywhere if I can help it. If I do, I just want to get from point A to point B as quickly and painlessly as possible. I don’t “enjoy the ride”.

25. I always wanted 6 children.

No comments: