"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Praising Through the Disappointment

After thirteen months of unemployment, my husband finally has a job offer. I would love to be able to report that I am jumping for joy. But that would be a lie. You see, this is a minimum wage job doing something that he does not enjoy at all, working on cars. It is not going to pay enough to pay our current bills much less catch up on our old ones. In fact, if he was receiving unemployment benefits, he would get more than this job will pay. But he isn't getting unemployment. And I lost my income, too. So, I am grateful for the job. Afterall, any income is better than no income at all. It just breaks my heart to see my husband, who has so much to offer, have to settle for a job he doesn't want. I know that God has a purpose for him getting this job after withholding a job for so long. The timing was orchestrated perfectly. So, disappointed or not, I am praising God and trusting that He knows what He is doing. Keep praying for us.

NOTE: He won't "technically" be offered the job until the drug test comes back, but other than all of the heart meds, he is clean.

No comments: