"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fall Fun






My husband and I felt God calling us away from celebrating Halloween a few years ago. We still participate in trunk or treat at church and we usually go to Chuck E Cheese or do some other fun thing on Halloween night. Some people say that we are still celebrating Halloween but in a different way. While it might seem that way, I don't believe that we can just pretend that Halloween doesn't exist. I do think it is a safe and fun alternative. And the only way we have been able to avoid most of the evil aspects of the holiday that we want to avoid. We do not condone celebrating evil like it is something good, even if it is only one day a year. I have to admit, though, that this year I have really struggled with wanting to take my kids trick or treating. Maybe it is because I know how much fun Declan would have. Maybe it is because I am craving candy. Or maybe it is because I am feeling left out. My sisters and their kids have so much fun together on Halloween. Or maybe Satan is trying to make it seem acceptable. Whatever the reason, we still won't be celebrating. However, Gabe has a rocking good costume for Trunk or Treat!


Declan is a cute little puppy!




No comments: