"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Matter of Perspective

As I watched my toddler playing, I realized just how many lessons that God teaches me through my children. On this particular day, my little guy was playing with a toy truck and he just couldn't get it to work the way he wanted it to. He wanted to push it forward but something was in the way. He reacted in frustration by crying, screaming, and kicking. His entire world at that moment was focused on that toy and how things weren't working out they way that he had planned. From his persepective, life was awful. I watched him throw his tantrum, debating whether or not I should jump in and help him. After all, from my perspective, the problem was tiny. All he had to do was move the block. Once I helped him with his problem, his entire perspective on life changed. All was well, once again. While watching him throw a fit over what I saw as a tiny problem, I realized just how often I do the same thing. I get frustrated over a circumstance in my life and my entire world is focused on that problem. I kick and scream and cry. From my perspective, life sucks. But God sees things differently. That circumstance that seems like such a huge roadblock to me, is nothing to God. And he is just waiting to help me. No matter, what the circumstance or how big it seems to us, it is just a little thing to God. It is all a matter of perspective.

No comments: