"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Answers Please

I have been having pain in my lower right side for a long time. It started to hurt off and on several years ago but it has gotten alot worse over the past 6 months or so. It now hurts all the time. I have been to my gyn doc thinking it was a cyst on my ovaries, but an ultrasound showed nothing wrong. So I went to my pcp. He thought it was a stone or maybe my appendix so he sent me for a CT scan. Again it showed nothing wrong. Three months later I went back to my pcp because the pain was getting really bad, especially with physical activity. He said it might be a hernia and referred me to a surgeon. The surgeon that I was scheduled to see kept calling to reschedule so I ended up agreeing to see a different surgeon in the same practice. After seeing him yesterday, I wish I had never agreed to change doctors. Don't get me wrong. He wasn't a quack or anything. But I still don't know anything more than I did before. He has a very heavy accent and I am HORRIBLE at understanding accents. I had to concentrate really hard to understand him and I only got about half of what he said. But from what I understand, he basically said that I might have a hernia but since I don't have a bulge he doesn't know. He said I can try to keep a log of what I eat and my activity and see if it might be something else. He said I could call my gi doc and see if it might be something else. He said I could see a urologist in case it is my urinary tract or I could schedule surgery and see if it is a hernia. He also said that surgery might help with the pain or it might not. It might even cause more pain. So much for getting answers. The question I didn't think to ask him was, what if he cuts me open and doesn't find a hernia? Will he just stitch me back up or will he look for what else might be wrong with me? I know something is wrong. We just can't seem to figure out what it is. So very frustrating. I wonder if insurance will cover another consultation with a surgeon in the same office. I just don't want to go back to this guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scar tissue