"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

He Came With the Ring...


That's what I always tell people. He came with the ring. I am talking about my stepson, Cameron. He was almost 2 years old when I met his dad. He didn't know what to make of me at first but we soon had a very special bond. When I married his dad a year and a half later, Cameron was already like my own son. It broke my heart when he wasn't with us. His shared parenting schedule was very hard on him but we did our best to make him feel at home whenever he was home with us. We don't get to see him much now that he has grown into a fine young man, but he still holds a very dear place in my heart. He may not be my firstborn, but he is my first child. Happy 22nd Birthday, Cameron.
This is the first birthday that I ever celebrated with Cameron (his 3rd Birthday) just before I married his dad. He was so cute!

No comments: