"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Lie-Sermon Tidbit

Just a tidbit from a recent sermon that made me ponder...

The truth in the hands of Satan is a lie. Satan uses the truth to distort, destroy, tear down. God's truth is meant to build up, encourage, equip, set free.

God's truth is in love.

Wow, how many times has satan used the truth to try to tear me down and make me feel rotten about myself? He seeks to destroy relationships, families, and God's truths. He rubs our sins in our face and tells us we will never be good enough. He reveals our imperfections. He wants to divide and conquer. How awesome it is to know that the victory is already ours, through Christ. The voice of truth is the voice of love. I pray that God gives me ears to hear the voice of truth and discerment to know the difference.

No comments: