"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hand. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

Friday, November 21, 2008

It's All About the Small Stuff

I was changing my 9 month old yesterday and he started screaming his lungs out in protest. He has been extremely clingy lately so the idea of me putting him down and then running a cold wet wipey over his delicate little parts was not something he was thrilled with. Changing him was necessary and, even if he didn't agree, it was what was the best thing for him at the time. As he screamed loud enough to wake the neighborhood, God reminded me of how often we are like my little man- Screaming in protest when things don't go our way, when He knows all along it is the best thing for us in the end. God teaches me many little lessons through my children. It is all about the small stuff.

No comments: